Check out the best kneeling chair for beginners
Let’s be honest, kneeling chairs are confusing and don’t actually look that comfortable. Some look like wooden toboggans, and if you are like me your first questions will be, don’t they hurt your knees? quickly followed by, how on earth do I get on that thing?, and then, will I fall off?
This is because most people think of the classic Varier Balans kneeling chair when they think of kneeling chairs.
Modern style kneeling chairs such as The Toko by Sleekform, offer all of the health benefits of a traditional kneeling chair but are much more accessible and usable by those considering their first kneeling chair.
As a kneeling chair beginner, you need a chair that you feel comfortable using and can trust. It must also suit your office space and work style, so a kneeling chair with wheels may be much more practical.
The other thing to consider is that you may not have the space (especially if you are now working from home) or the budget to cater for two chairs, a kneeling chair for main use, and a standard ergonomic chair, for when you need it.
The Sleekform Tokyo is a good bridge between a regular ergonomic chair and a kneeling chair, it comes with a flexible mesh, back support that gives you the comfort and security you need as your core body muscles adjust to your new way of sitting, and handlebars to help you keep your balance as you climb in and out of your chair.
The Tokyo, like other kneeling chairs, still tilts your pelvis forward giving you a more natural and comfortable upright posture. This posture, over time strengthens your core muscles reducing pressure on your spinal discs, back, and shoulders.
And is you are concerned by potential knee pain, don’t be fooled by the name ‘kneeling chair’, it is a misnomer. Though it looks as if there is a lot of pressure on your flexed knees, with the Tokyo, most of your weight is still carried by your buttocks, and if there is any weight carried in your legs, the pressure is put on your shins and the chair pads and not your knees.
My knees are shot from competitive Judo, and the last thing I want to do is put any pressure on them, they are bad enough as it is.
Key Features of the Sleekform Tokyo kneeling chair
- Flexible mesh backrest for additional lumbar support.
- Comes with handles to give you added stability and security. as you get in and out of your kneeling chair.
- Maximum weight capacity of up to 265lb.
- Lightweight and long-lasting steel frame.
- Suits people from 5’2” in height to 6’6”.
- Adjustable height settings from 19 inches to 26 inches.
- Four-inch-thick recycled foam cushions for total comfort.
- Kneeling chair benefits of creating an open hip angle for effortless upright posture and promotes core body strengthening and a natural, S curve for your back to help reduce back pain.
- Comes with 2″ universal castor wheels (49mm bearing) which can be swapped out to suit any floor covering.
- Designed to work with a standard heigh desk (29 inches high desk).
Is the Sleekform Tokyo a good kneeling chair for beginners?
We think it is, it is solidly built, comes from a reputable American kneeling chair design company and is mid-price in the kneeling chair price range. It gives you the back support you will need, and some handlebars to help you get on and off your new chair. It is fully adjustable and suits men and women from short to tall.
It will give you the benefits of a kneeling chair without you having to be a contortionist, and is a good compromise between a rocker style kneeling chair and an ergonomic office chair.
All this means that you can make it your day to day go to chair for your home or office.
- [REDUCE PAIN] The Tokyo positions you with an open hip angle that encourages an upright seating posture. This will correctively align your back, shoulders, and neck relieving pain and is comfortable
- [DURABILITY] The ergo lumbar backrest and padded handles giving more stability when getting on and off your kneeling chair. The 4-inch thick memory foam angled knee pads allow you to sit straight...
- [ADJUSTABLE] This adjustability of the sitting angle will allow you to find the perfect position that fits your specific needs no matter your height or office desk size. Height adjusts from 19"-26",...
Last update on 2021-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API