Why buy a refurbished Steelcase Gesture Chair?
The Steelcase Gesture Chair is a quality product that has been designed and built from the ground up with your posture in mind and naturally support the way you sit and work with technology.
Steelcase achieved this posture support, whether you are typing, texting, or zooming, through its Global Posture Study. This study involved observing over 2,000 people in six countries, and identifying how they sit, move and work through their typical day.
Steelcase discovered that whilst technology boosts productivity, it can cause pain that disrupts our work, our ability to concentrate, and our creativity.
The Steelcase Gesture’s environmental credentials
Steelcase as a company are focused on their environmental legacy and the impact their products and operations have on our environment. The Gesture Chair itself:
- Contains up to 25% recycled materials by weight.
- Up to 85% of the actual chair is recyclable.
- Gesture manufacturing uses powder-coated paints, water-based adhesives and VOC-free manufacturing processes.
- To reduce packaging waste, the Gesture chair is blanket wrapped when possible (not boxed) for domestic shipment.
- The Gesture is designed for a long product life. Back cushions, seat assembly, and arms can be added, changed, or replaced at any time.
- The Gesture is ANSI/BIFMA level Certified for levels two and three.
- The Gesture is SCS Indoor Air Advantage Certified (Gold)
This means that regardless of whether you are looking to buy a new or second hand Gesture chair, you can do so knowing that is a small way your purchase is helping.
Please Note: This is an automatic feed of the latest Amazon deals on refurbished Steelcase chairs. Due to very high demand these products sell out quickly and stock-levels change frequently.
- Your purchase includes: One Steelcase Gesture Chair, in graphite color.
- 10 Year Warranty Exclusively with DesignerSeating
The award winning Steelcase Gesture
Since its release in 2013, the Gesture has won numerous awards, including:
- North America – Spark Awards (Spark! Winner) – 2013
- North America – Good Design Award – 2013
- North America – Best of NeoCon (Gold Award) – 2013
- North America – Product Innovation Awards – 2013
- North America – Product Innovations Awards (Grand Prize) – 2013
- North America – Best of Year Awards (Best of Year Honoree) – 2013
- North America – Core 77 – 2014
- North America – HiP Award – 2014
- Australia – Good Design Award – 2014
- Germany – Red Dot Award – 2014
- France – Préventica Innovation Award – 2014
- United Kingdom – FX Award – 2014
Features of the Steelcase Gesture
360 Arms – The Gesture 360 chair arm moves like the human arm, which allows users to be supported in any position. Arms and shoulders remain supported when texting on a smartphone, typing on a keyboard or swiping on a tablet, helping to prevent “Text Neck™“.
3D LiveBack – With 3D LiveBack, your Gesture mimics the natural motion of the spine contouring to the user, creating the deepest recline.
Integrated Headrest – Until now, headrests have largely been an afterthought, but the Gesture headrest is integrated into the design. The headrest takes head size, neck length and desired range of motion into consideration to support a greater range of sizes.
What to look for in an ergonomic office chair such as the Gesture
It works with you and not against you – As you recline, a chair’s seat and backrest should move as you do – opening up your hip angle and bringing you closer to a healthy standing posture.
It encourages movement – Your body was made to move. A good chair will flex with you – helping you change postures while you sit.
It reinforces your healthy posture – The backrest of the chair should fit the natural contour of your back and provide your spine the reinforcement it needs to maintain healthy alignment as you sit.
It provides comfort and support where you need it most – Contoured foam and a flexible edge provide pressure-free comfort for your sit bones, glutes and thighs.
It keeps you connected – The arms of your chair should stay parallel to the floor while you recline – keeping your arms straight on your desk and your eyes level with your screen.
It allows for unique adjustments just for you – Intuitive and easy-to-use back, seat and arm adjustments make a chair feel like it is made for you and your body.
All of these aspects of good ergonomic design can be found in your Gesture office chair.
The benefits and pitfalls of buying a second hand Steelcase Gesture chair
With a used Gesture chair, you have the potential to save hundreds of dollars but It is important you take some time to weigh a number of factors when deciding whether you want to purchase a used Gesture verses a new one. The biggest one being the chair’s age and as a result, how hard a life it has had.
There are also, plenty of Gesture chairs for sale on the second hand market, of variable quality and with various warranties and guarantees.
We like to buy second hand but also don’t like to be taken for fools, also, these days with Covid, a lot of furniture shops and showrooms are not open, so it is not always possible to check out a chair before you hand over a few hundred dollars. Yes, you want to save some money but you also want to make sure that you are getting the quality that you are paying for.
How to choose the right Steelcase Gesture for you
Unlike the Herman Miller Aeron, the Steelcase Gesture comes in just one size. It comes in two form factors, chair or stool and can support a weight of up to 400lbs. It can be supplied with or without arms and wheels for carpeted or hard wood floors.
Our recommendation on where best to buy a used and refurbished Gesture chair
All of this means that our recommended way to save yourself a few hundred dollars, but still be able to sleep at night, is to consider something like the Amazon Renewed program when you want to buy a refurbished Gesture or other Steelcase Chair.
The chair you buy from Amazon will be fully refurbished by Amazon assessed and monitored companies, and supported by warranties from both the seller and Amazon itself.
This is what Amazon advises its sellers on its Amazon Renewed Program.
(And this includes refurbished Steelcase chairs)
- Only Sellers that meet our quality criteria and can consistently supply like-new products are permitted to sell on Amazon Renewed.
- To qualify as a seller of refurbished, pre-owned and open-box products, you need to adhere to our product quality policies and warranty requirements for these products and meet the set performance bar. Once you qualify, you can sell high-quality like-new products at great prices to our customers.
- Products sold by you on Amazon Renewed have been tested and certified to work and look like new.
- Your refurbishment process typically includes a diagnostic test, replacement of any defective parts, a thorough cleaning and inspection process, and repackaging where applicable.
- You ship products with all relevant accessories as expected for a new product, and the product is backed by a separate 1-year limited warranty.
Check out the latest deals on Refurbished Steelcase chairs on Amazon
Please Note: This is an automatic feed of the latest Amazon deals on refurbished Herman Miller chairs. Due to very high demand these products sell out quickly and stock-levels change frequently.
- Steelcase's no.1 selling ergonomic chair. livelumbar technology flexes with movements for ergonomic comfort.
- Our Number 1 Selling Chair
- Live Lumbar technology flexes with movements for ergonomic comfort
Why not check out our other Steelcase office and ergonomic chairs?
Last update on 2020-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API